The next stage in wheelchair evolution -- Permobil's new F-Series to launch in Japan
SUNDSVALL, Sweden, April 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Permobil, a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, has updated its successful modular front wheel drive chair with new functions for improved body support and comfort, more flexible body positioning and smoother driving, as well as updated styling that lets users personalize their chairs. The new F-Series, unveiled at the International Seating Symposium in Pittsburgh, U.S. on March 19, will be officially launched in Japan at the Osaka Barrier Free Exhibition 2019 (April 18-20).
Since 1967, Permobil's technology has enhanced freedom of movement for people with disabilities and enabled them to fully participate in society, a pressing topic in Japan ahead of the Olympics and Paralympics in 2020. The new F-Series is no exception, incorporating a slew of innovations:
- Updated Corpus seating system and cushions improve immersion into the seat for increased comfort and stability.
- Active Height seat elevator gives the user independence to reach, enables eye-to-eye contact and elevated driving at walking speed.
- Agile suspension offers independent suspension of all four wheels. This is beneficial when driving outdoors or for users with alternative drive control devices. Optional front- and rear-LED lights that are twice as bright as before ensure safe driving in dark conditions.
- Actuators have been doubled in strength to allow users up to 150kg to use the power recline function, enabling movement and body positioning to prevent secondary complications.
- A range of 13 easily interchangeable color decals, along with updated styling, enables users to personalize their chair to express themselves.
"The new F-series has been specifically designed to address the medical, functional and social needs of the user. We are proud to be able to offer it in Japan, which is an important growth market for Permobil. Alongside power functions such as Active Reach, we are delighted to offer users updated aesthetics and an expanded color palette. Looking good is of course hugely important to people who sit in a wheelchair all day every day," says Chuji Kaseda, Managing Director, Permobil K.K.
Linda Nilsson, Global Product Marketing Manager, adds, "The new F-series not only updates the look of the chair. Upgrades to the engineering side means an increase to the drive speed while the seat is in an elevated position to 5km/h, close to walking speed."
The F-series has three models: the F3 Corpus with its compact footprint and tight turning radius makes it ideal for indoor and occasional outdoor use; F5 Corpus is a perfect hybrid for indoor and outdoor use and active lifestyles; and the F5 Corpus VS offers the same as the F5 Corpus with the added benefit of a standing functionality.
The modular chassis is a four-wheel power wheelchair with the drive wheels positioned towards the front seating system, in order to allow for excellent indoor and outdoor performance and maneuverability.
For more information:
ENTER LOCAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Martinus Ronnerman, Director Group Communications, Permobil / +46 702 63 68 05 / email@example.com
Permobil founder Dr. Per Udden believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users' needs and improving their quality of life through state-of-the-art healthcare solutions. Today, those solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, power assist, and manual wheelchairs. Permobil is part of Patricia Industries, a subsidiary of Investor AB and is headquartered in Sweden. Permobil has 1600 team members in more than 15 countries around the world. For more information regarding the company's storied history and complete product line visit permobil.com.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- April 2019
- Seoul: BIO KOREA 2019
- London: BioTrinity 2019
- May 2019
- Basel: Swiss Biotech Day